Monday, November 14, 2005

It's Getting Easier!

Well, this is my third day of easing myself into the low-carb lifestyle. Although I had been drastically reducing my carbs, today is the first day I stayed within the 20g range Atkins recommends during Induction. To be honest, it wasn't all that hard, and it seems to be getting easier.

Since sugar has always been a problem for me, I decided not to go cold turkey on the sweet tasting stuff and so I've been allowing myself some Splenda-sweetened Diet Coke. Since I rarely, if ever drink soda or use artificial sweeteners (except stevia), I can't decide if this is a treat or not!! Too much caffeine makes me feel wired, so I think I will stick to my morning coffee with cream and replace the diet soda with water, my usual drink of choice. I may need to jazz it up with some lemon juice or something, for variety, though. I find that I have always needed a lot of flavor when I'm low-carbing, because of the heavy emphasis on proteins.

Today I created a "flabu-less" meal using pre-cooked chicken breast tenderloins, about a cup of Trader Joe's caponata (a high-flavor eggplant appetizer in a jar--but you could easily substitute salsa), a few ounces of cream cheese, and a splash of heavy cream. I heated the chicken chunks up in a pan with the other ingredients until the cream cheese melted and turned into a delicious sauce. Easiest thing ever and really yummy, too. Ohhh, my gosh it was so delicious! And the best part was, I had enough left over for another meal! Whoever said that eating low-carb is boring?? Hard to believe I can eat luxurious food like this and still lose weight!

Comments:
YOU CAN DO IT, GIRL! I believe in you and so do all of my readers at "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." Anytime you need a little inspiration or motivation, then you are welcome to give me a shout!

SEE YA and keep livin' la vida low-carb.

Jimmy Moore, author of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb"
LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com
livinlowcarbman@charter.net
 
You go girl! I just returned to the low-carb lifestyle myself on Saturday - so I'm one day ahead of you. I, too, noticed how easily I was able to get into induction, and am already in ketosis ... and down 4 pounds! Woohoo! I've got 46 to go. I'll keep monitoring your blog (as well as Jimmy's - which is where I heard of yours).

Keep going! You CAN do it!!
 
Thanks, Jimmy and Debi, for all your support and encouragement. I wish you both all the best on your journey to becoming as "flabu-less" as you can be. Please stop by and visit my blog often.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?