Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Commitment

Ever notice that the word "commitment" makes people nervous? Especially guys. Mention commitment to any guy who has been dating the same woman for more than six months and watch him panic! The same is true for diets. Just the thought of committing oneself to yet another diet program is enough to send almost anybody into a tailspin. Bring up the word "diet" and what do people think of? Deprivation. Being hungry all the time. Feeling guilty about wanting to eat. Ugh! Such misery!

Not so with the low carb lifestyle, and that's why it's so important that it become a lifestyle and not a diet. A diet is something you go on temporarily until you lose the weight, and then you go off the diet and regain all the weight you lost. Obviously, it's not supposed to work that way; but, statistically, more than 90% of diets fail. That's the grim reality of diets.

By committing myself to the low carb lifestyle, I am saying "No!" to diets. Which means that I am also saying "No!" to failure, and "No!" to feeling deprived and hungry. There's absolutely no reason to feel guilty about wanting to eat either, because now I eat whenever I am hungry. Just a little while ago, I ate some salami and cheese and had a little dessert of blackberries and cream. It was pretty satisfying as far as late night snacks go. I wasn't hungry at dinner time, so I waited until I was hungry to eat. I'm not worried about the late hour, because I know the scale will register a loss tomorrow or the next day, and eventually I will become thin and "flabu-less."

Low carbing is extremely liberating. It has given me permission to let go of the nuisance of dieting once and for all. Instead of focusing on what I'm giving up (mainly, sugar and the stuff that my body turns into sugar), I'm choosing to enjoy the foods most dieters believe they must shun--like meat, butter, eggs, and cheese. To me, there's no more decadent way to start my morning now than with a steaming Cafe Americano with a splash of heavy cream. Back in my dieting days, I would have forced myself to take skim milk in my coffee, or better yet, to drink it black and save calories. Well, I don't worry about saving calories anymore. I prefer to savor them instead. You just can't beat the taste of living "flabu-lessly!"

Comments:
Hi Connie! Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you'll come back often.

I signed up for a Kick Sugar group on Yahoo that Jimmy mentioned to me. Is that one yours as well? Definitely interested in your Kick Sugar Countdown. I'll be right over to check it out!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?