Monday, November 21, 2005

The Biggest Losers Tell All

I picked up a copy of the December issue of "Prevention" magazine over the weekend, only because the cover story piqued my curiosity. The most recent issue sports a photo of three members of NBC's reality show, "The Biggest Loser," and promises to "tell all" about their collective 132 pound weight loss.

While the achievements and "before and after" photos of this group are very impressive, I have to admit feeling a bit sorry for these poor folks. The three women featured on the cover have been following a low-calorie, low-fat diet (ugh!) and working out an average of 5 hours a day for the past 10 weeks. I can't even begin to imagine the agony of such a grueling routine!

There's no doubt this group has made incredible strides toward improving their health and well-being. Indeed, the "biggest loser" will be richly rewarded when the show comes to an end, but time will tell who the real winners actually are. How many of these folks will be motivated to continue their diet and exercise program indefinitely and become "flabu-less," I wonder? How many will decide it's too hard and give up, only to return to their previous bad habits (and weight)? Is 10 weeks is enough time to ingrain permanent lifestyle changes?

We may never find out what the future holds for this group of contestants. I certainly commend them for their accomplishments and wish them continued success, regardless of which program they choose to follow. All I know is that the low-fat/low-calorie diet never worked for me, because I could never maintain my weight loss, even with exercise. That's why I've re-committed myself to the low-carb lifestyle. It's the only way I can ever hope to become the biggest loser I know!

Comments:
That's why Ryan Benson from Season One has been able to keep his weight off that he lost on "The Biggest Loser." He's following a low-carb lifestyle and has never felt better in his entire life!

There is a superb interview with Ryan in the latest issue of Low-Carb Energy magazine available at Barnes & Noble and many pharmacies across the U.S. It's fascinating to see how he took the fitness training he learned on the show and transformed himself into a livin' la vida low-carb machine!

Check it out!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?